Kingsway Summer School – Visa Information

Do you need a visa to enter the UK?

All European Union nationals, and visitors from many other countries do NOT need a visa to enter the UK. If you are not sure if you do then CLICK HERE to go to the UK government website that will tell you if you need a visa or not.

Visas for young people under 18 years of age

The ‘Short-term Study Visa – Child’ category is for young people aged under 18 years old who want to study in the UK for up to 6 months. For more information CLICK HERE to go to the UK government website on this.

These are the “eligibility” rules for a Short-term Study Visa for those under 18 years old :

You must prove that you:

  • have been offered a place on a course in the UK at an accepted place of study
  • have enough money to support yourself without working or help from public funds, or that relatives and friends can support and house you
  • can pay for your return or onward journey
  • have made arrangements for your travel and stay in the UK
  • have permission from your parent or guardian to study in the UK

Please allow plenty of time to get your visa

You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before you travel. In some countries a UK visa can take up to 4 weeks to get, so please allow plenty of time for your application to be processed.

Once you have booked your course and paid your course fees we will send you a visa ‘invitation’ letter by DHL (charged at GBP £65 for the courier) so you can put the letter with your visa application.

Worcester is the safest city in England (click to see!)

Ranked in the top ten Summer Schools by EL Gazette (click to see!)

English Summer School for Ages 13-17 Years from Sunday 11th July 2021 - Sunday 8th August 2021

Kingsway Summer School, 40 Foregate Street, Worcester WR1 1EE, UK | Tel : +44 1905 619877 | Email :